CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Hells Anglers Pairings for Pickeral Lake Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who caught the most pickerel's?

Justin
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...I was wondering the same thing myself.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
who caught the most pickerel's?

This is only funny because it's intentional (I hope.) Very Happy

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how did everyone do? I gotta tell ya all of you who fished today were a lot more dedicated than me! Truly hardcore fisherman! Smile

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, This is what happened today,,, It was freakin cold and windy, water temps were 38 in morning and 40 in the afternoon, out of 5 teams and 1 person by himself, which was Nick P,,, Nick won the tourny with 2 largemouth about 3.5lbs Dickvanpike and myself taken second,,, even though DVP caught the 2 largemouth, weighing around 2 3/4 lbs and BTP77 and 2FastCars had 1 largemouth for a little over a pound, fishing was brutal, there were a few pickerel Laughing caught, they were even slow.. and I was proud to see you freakin diehards FISH HARD,,,, Thats AWESOME,,, My hats off to all you that fished,,
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, thanks for organizing the tourney, it was cold but I had a blast, cant wait for the next tourney...Purple and yellow Cordell super spot till I die!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough day out there! Nice job Nick! Great job to all that fished it. I wish I could have joined you.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going Nick Exclamation Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats nick.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was literally the worst day ive ever fished in my life.... all of the grass was still alive- not good. I fished a rattle trap/jerkbait/grub for 7 hours. It sucked. I thought for sure the grub would come through and id scrap a limit together just plucking through the grass. Had to anchor and saturate the areas with a jerkbait just fishing all around me. LONG pauses.... Both fish slammed it and ran while I was daydreaming- catching both of my fish right next to jim always helps Razz

Me and joe caught our 2nd fish at the same time literally, as jim was going to net there fish my rod got ripped out of my hand and I threw number 2 in the well.

Il take the pathetic win lol.

I didnt get home till 6pm... damn flat tire. Jim let me know when ya wanna stop by and grab the john boat, Il take the trolling motor/side imaging off it today.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't take any photos or videos, but picture full sun, 20+ mile per hour winds gusting down the entire length of the lake out of the north and a six foot deep lake, the bottom of which is covered by half-dead weeds. The air temperature was below freezing until noon. I have braided line spooled on all of my spinning reels and it does not play well with sub-freezing air temperatures. I'd get in five or six casts before the guides on my rod would freeze solid, and I really mean solid, and as I would clear the ice from each guide, my braided line would stiffen up and freeze solid, even onto the spool. My boater, Mike L, stopped using his baitcasters because of the ice buildup. The conditions were brutal out there. I became very thankful for small favors. Mike has an aircraft carrier of a bass boat that's covered with black carpet. Besides all of the room that I had to walk around, the black carpet absorbed a tiny bit of warmth from the sun. Unfortunately, we didn't see a fish all day. Mike hasn't loaded it up with his gear yet, but we tried every lure that we could find on the boat. We even tried drop shotting Gulp minnows in the deepest hole that we could find, which was was only nine feet deep. Still, I had an enjoyable, if challenging and unrewarding day of fishing. Thanks, Mike. And thanks to you, too, Jim.

Just to clarify Jim's post, Nick's lunker weighed one pound, five ounces. The bag that Jim used for the weigh-in weighed more than the fish! Rolling Eyes

Congrats, Nick! I'm especially impressed that you were able to catch fish while standing in a beat up aluminum can. You are definitely a hard core fisherman!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are nuts! Smile Nice job Nick.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EYES are killing me today. I was wearing contacts and sunglasses all day yesterday but I think my eyeballs must have frozen to their sockets. The baitcaster/braid combo was frustrating....ice shavings would shoot out of the reel and freeze in either the rod tip guides or at the reel and sometimes both. I threw 95% cranks/jerkbaits, 5% spinnerbait/jig. No fish, knew luck would play a huge role in this one but still had fun. Thanks, Jim, John & Phil. Congrats on the win Nick.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone all soft this year. Not even thinking about taking my boat out of storage until the water is in the mid 50s. This tourney last year was brutal with much better weather and higher water temps, so I'm not exactly surprised that it was slow going. Hopefully I'll see you guys out there around tax time. Kudos to you for heading out. Congratulations, Nick.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, was it worse than last years silver lake t? Actually, althought fishing sucked that day, I remember the weather was somewhat nice.

"Congrats, Nick! I'm especially impressed that you were able to catch fish while standing in a beat up aluminum can. You are definitely a hard core fisherman!"

probably the most hard core on this site. He used to drag his canoe hundreds of yards across dirt and gravel then launch it off a cliff to get to his honey holes.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: