CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: In search of a longer season
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: In search of a longer season Reply with quote

So this is my last spring in Connecticut. I am pulling up the stakes and heading to St. Louis, MO with my family. With all the bass waters within a few hours drive and the much shorter winter, I guess my fishing will actually ratchet up a notch or two. I'll be around until July and I hope to see many of you out on the water. It's been great being in the forum and meeting many of you. Perhaps I'll throw in some out of state reports from Tablerock, Lake of the Ozarks, the Mississippi, Mark Twain Lake, and even some of the great fisheries in Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get yourself some Mississippi catfish, Jed! I'm sorry to hear that you're moving, but good luck. I have the feeling that I'll end up back in Chicago, someday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you and I talked about the pull of the midwest. You can bet I'll be trying to smack some of those record caliber cats in the Mighty MIssissippi. I will also be trying some of the stuff up north. My family has a little place in northern Wisconsin on the Phillips Chain of lakes. Supposed to be full of smallies, muskie and pike. Michigan is of course within reach for a weekend trip and I've heard plenty about the smallies in the Detroit River. We'll have to head out together a few times this summer, Phil.

Jed
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your move, Jed. I haven't had the chance to meet and fish with you yet but I do appreciate the contributions you have made to this site. Definitely keep us updated with your out of state reports. I'd love to see them.
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with the move going forward Jed. The few times we got out were real good times. Mark
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing you the best, Jed! Hope you have time for a going away/redemption party on Winchester.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear you're moving Jed... I hope we can get out at least once this year... ill take ya out for a guided CT River trip before you go Smile anyhow I wish you the best and I hope you can make a few TNT's this year before you go Keep in touch

- T.

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!

Last edited by Justin Tralli on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see you out there, Justin! Probably have Phil on my boat at least once...right PECo?
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I will miss seeing you out on the water next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: