CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Conservation & DEP
Viewing Topic: Snakehead in ct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bassmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Snakehead in ct Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone out there know of someone or has heard of someone catching any snake head in ct the last report I heard where from maryland and that was last year just wondering if they moved closer this way or not?
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not. I think with all the yrs they were available in the aquarium trade it would have happened already.People are always releasing fish that get 2 big. I doubt they would survive the winters up here but you never know. There was a big pacu caught out of a local pond about 10 or more yrs ago that had been released by a customer of mine @ the time. He thought it was funny. The people who caught it and the bait shop they brought it to thought it was a piranha . Not too funny after all. It was in the paper. Dont buy fish you cant accommodate. They do grow bigger than their tanks.
Ramble, ramble, blah, blah.
See you on the river tonight.
Glen5

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: snakehead Reply with quote

I was in dicks sporting goods picking up some more stuff and there was a guy in there also getting some things and he said his friend caught one in the scantic river off the bridge in powder hollow in Enfield.
atkins

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly likely that was a bowfin, The mass fish and game introduced bowfin to the connecticut river
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Conservation & DEP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: