CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 04/02
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 04/02 Reply with quote

I'm tired, so here's a short report. It was cold, but warmed up throughout the day. It was sunny at times, but mostly partly cloudy. The wind came and went from all directions. It felt kinda like Batterson, today. I got on the water with Fishface (aka Tim) at 7:45 am. We got nothing in south cove. DirtyDawg 10 (aka Derek) showed up around 10:00 am. mep21 (aka Mark) showed up around 11:00 am. We went around the south island. We got nothing. We went around the north island. We got nothing. Tim headed over to the north shore and finally caught a couple of small largemouth bass on a wacky-rigged five inch green pumpkin/red flake Senko at 11:50 am:

Derek , Mark and I paddled from the north island to join Tim on the north shore. Mark got the next bass on a Texas-rigged small watermelon brush hog:

Tim had to take off around 1:00 pm. Mark, Derek and I fished around the south cove and south island, but got nothing, so we headed back to the north shore. At 2:00 pm, I got the next one on the Texas-rigged green sweet beaver that TurtleKiss (aka Kira) gave to me last year:

At 3:20 pm, Mark got another one on the small brush hog:

Derek was starting to get a little skunky, so Mark gave him a small brush hog to throw. And at 3:30 pm, Derek finally got one:

Mark ended up catching a couple more with the small brush hog. It was definitely the lure of the day, thrown tight to the shore and slowly retrieved:

Link

Mark also missed a few hooksets and lost what would have been the fish of the day at the boat. We both got a good look at it before it spit the hook and saw that it was at least a solid 2-1/2 pounder. Derek had to take off around 4:00 pm. Mark and I stayed on the water until 5:00 pm.

The fishing was slow today, but the company was great. It was nice to meet you Mark!

On my way home, I stopped at Countryside Park and guess who I saw:

Link

jonnyfly00 (aka Jon) is definitely hard core. Rolling Eyes Actually, Jon needed the boat to retrieve a Husky Jerk that he snagged in a tree while fishing from shore there earlier this week. I think that he ended up catching just a small yellow perch today, probably after dark. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished Countryside yesterday morning and absolutley nothing. No hits no nothing i was dissappointed, then tryed Mills pond in Canton nothing, then both the upper and lower pond at Nod Brook and nothing there. It was great to be out though.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a nice day out there but the wind was definitely a challenge. It was nice to get out with Phil and Tim again. It was great to meet Mark as well. Especially when he hooked me up with a brush hog rig and I finally ended up landing my first open water bass of the year. Thanks again Mark.

I also found out what it was like to fish out of a real kayak today. Phil let me try out El Habanero and it was a dream to paddle compared to the Manatee (my inflatable yak). Thanks Phil. It took me one time to learn that I need to launch a bit slower in the yak though as when I sat down quickly and didn't take my time I almost went for a swim...lol. Too bad Phil didn't catch that on video. Anyway here's a close-up pic of the 14" LMB I caught.

PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike1 - jonnyfly00 (aka Jon), Cots6 (aka Mason), my daughter and I tried ice fishing at Mills Pond earlier this year and didn't see any fish there, even on Jon's fish finder. It looks like it's just a runoff fed pond, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a fish kill there. Did you see any dead fish on or near the shore?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No there was no signs of dead fish anywhere, I go to the School right next to it so im always gazing at the pond when i should be gazing at my work. Its a really shallow pond with lots of sunnies and pickeral in it. It is a gross looking pond in the summer though with the heavy weeds.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Summer, Mason caught a couple of largemouth bass there from the shore opposite from the school. That's why we decided to check it out. Please post a report if you got back and get anything there later in the year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great fishing with you guys. And you're completely welcome as far as the brush hog goes. Anytime I can help get rid of the skunk its a good day. Can't wait to get out again.
Fishface

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good day to get out. The weather is what it is. Mark it was a pleasure to meet you and fish together. Look forward to the next trip.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: