CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: North Farms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: North Farms Reply with quote

New report over the weekend. More dead species came floating around including bass,carp,crappie, and yellow perch were found dead on and under the water.... This isnt looking good. THESE ARE BIG FISH that were dead not no babies...
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sucks and its gonna suck there and at every other shallow lake it CT that we haven't even heard about yet. But mother nature will find her footing again and things will be ok. No doubt it will take time, but everything will be restored. Thanks for the update.
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Northfarms. Reply with quote

i was over there this weekend. an its a sad site. i was wondering, has any conclusion been made as to exactly the cause. is it cause the res only gets 4 feet deep in its deepest area, left of the island. ? I used to go there after winter thaw and catch monster bass from that one hole to the left of the island.

or is this a chemical imbalance. im curious.
JohnJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason for the winter kill is shallow water coupled with low oxygen levels due to the ice. I was there this morning and just walked the road part, some dead sunnies and a couple carp. Most fish have lower activity levels in winter to conserve oxygen but if there is an overpopulation of fish and decaying matter that you would find in any pond sucking up usable oxygen, somethings got to give. It will turn around though, always does.
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: northfarms Reply with quote

yah i was concerned. I mean obviously nature works its own way and im not afraid of what it does when it needs to. As long as it is not from people being careless. Northfarms has always been one of my fav local spots to fish. easy access. and some good bass action there year round. let mother nature take its course then, it eases my mind on the subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: