CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: striper spots Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: striper spots Reply with quote

This year I would like to make a serious run at some striper, but don't have enough boat or motor to get them so I am looking for some good shore spots, any advice and input would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention I'm looking for some sweet spots around the enfield Windsor area or anywhere close, thanks guys appreciate it
IceAddict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try below the Enfield Dam in Suffield at the canal, Below the Dexter Coffin Bridge on Windsor Locks side of the River (vicinity of Albert's Restaurant) also called the Rte 159 launch, Under the 291 bridge (access is E. Barber street) Windsor, Loomis Chaffee School (this falls under the Farmington River), but stripers are following the alewifes, and they go up to the Rainbow Reservoir. This should keep you busy.
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot bud i appreciate it
ryan560

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn dude think you could tell him all that information in a private message maybe?? I mean you just burned a bunch of spots, some people actually put there time in to finding productive waters from shore... Shocked
metalfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan560 wrote:
damn dude think you could tell him all that information in a private message maybe?? I mean you just burned a bunch of spots, some people actually put there time in to finding productive waters from shore... Shocked

Thats cool. Share some great info. Thats what the fishing site is for. I hate the term spot burning. All the cry babys on these sites. The sites are to help other sportsmen and women. I can go to one of these spots several times and get skunked. I wont be back. I can tell you a spot that is great for me. But not tell you want I am slaying them on and what I am doing. Share the spot and then figure out the rest. Thanks
BassRican

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the advantage of technology. We can share info with others that love the same sport as we do. I remember 20 yrs ago, it was difficult to find information on the activities that I enjoyed. Now we have places to research PRIOR to getting on the water. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to start a huge argument here, share information no problem that's great... You can also do that in private as well. I don't have a boat, if I did I wouldn't have a problem with people giving up spots on the internet. Maybe you'd think twice about announcing to the whole internet a number of productive spots if you didn't have a boat either. Regardless if the guy catches there or not, it still crowds these spots. There's not many spots above hartford that actually consistently hold striped bass, you pretty much named them all.

As for being a cry baby, yeah sure call me what you want. You wouldn't be the slightest bit upset if you showed up to one of your spots and all of a sudden there's 40 people there elbow to elbow crossing your line? Is it making you a better internet fisherman by announcing all these spots to everyone? Fisherman keep there spots a secret, that's the way its always been. Just because you CAN tell the whole internet doesn't mean you SHOULD...
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ryan560,

Here on CtFishTalk it is well established that our fishing reports tell it all.

In fact the owner of CtFishTalk has made it very clear that,
Lake X reports!
Pond X reports!
X reports of any kind!
Are to be very much discouraged Exclamation
That's why he formed CtFishTalk because he very much disliked all the hidden BS on other sites.

Here on CtFishTalk we tell it ALL!
We share ALL information (Where-When-What and How) about our fishing experiences Exclamation

Fishing is still up to the skill, knowledge, and techniques of the individual fisherman with a bit of luck included.

You've only been here a short time and made only 7 posts -> If you look thru many many posts (past and present) you'll see that members are very open and informative about their fishing whether it's from a boat or shore!

That's why CtFishTalk is so popular and getting more and more popular -> We hide Nothing - No Secrets Exclamation
Enjoy the site Exclamation

SeaDog1
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen seadog, theres truth to both sides of the argument. Want to tell fine, dont want to tell,fine.
ryan560

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to explain where I was coming from, wasn't trying to start any trouble
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ryan560!

As Lunker Cove said -> If you want to tell fine -> If not, that's fine also.
It's a personal decision -> But not to criticize either way.

Again -> Posting Lake X reports are discouraged Exclamation

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

put all this energy in catching fish... and you know what. if i go to a spot and there are neck to neck people around, there is no feeling in the world like catching big ones and more of them next to and in front of them. fishing is competitive sport in a way. Dont hate the player hate the game. i agree to disagree. you think this is the only site talking about spots? come on people. very few people know private spots and very few people will travel walking well over hr or 2 cause the fishing holes are not assessable for cars or ATV's. fish are Everywhere especially in the ct river. i fish from shore alot too.. i wade and i yak. lets all get along and fish. again isnt this site called CTFISHTALK? not CT dont talk about it.... like your post seadog.... dang lets be happy the water temp is getting higher and the kellies are out and shad are about to be in the river. we all know what comes next. so with that said lets fish... also you think you know crowded fishing spots? go up to salmon river upstate NY during salmon season... lmfao
IceAddict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ryan sorry if this offended you, but had to give the guy a leg up. I'm sure somebody along the way shared a few of their private fishing spots with you, that you in turn shared with someone else, and so on. I too like you fish from shore for Striper. I have 2 boats, but prefer shore fishing to target them for an hour or two when I can. The spots I listed Are by no means secret. They have been mentioned on this site before and are known by everyone who thinks about fishing for Striper. I haven't shared what I fish for baits/ lures, which I won't!!!! I gave him a starting point. These are not my best spots to fish, or my favorites. Again, I won't share those. These are the MOST COMMON, and MOST OBVIOUS spots. If these spots are your best, I would wonder how well you do fishing for Striper, as these are by no means the best.
ryan560

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright I'm over it... yeah these are not my best spots, and they are pretty well known. Didn't want to hijack this thread from the original poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: