CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Where to Fish???
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewtoCT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Where to Fish??? Reply with quote

Hi all,

As my name implies, I am new to CT. I just recently moved here from the midwest. As the weather get's warmer I am getting in the mood to fish. I stumbled on to this website, and thought I would ask all of you. I'm looking for some places to do some freshwater fishing, I don't have a boat so it would be all shore fishing. Any suggestions on lakes/ponds to fish? Looking to do some Bass/Walleye/Trout fishing, currently I'm living in the Bristol area so lakes semi close by would be great, but I would be willing to drive a bit for some good spots. Thanks for any advice!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NewtoCt!

Suggest you get a copy of the Ct. Anglers Guide (Free at your local tackle shop or go on the Ct. DEP web site).
Good place to start !
Lots of lakes and ponds + streams and rivers listed with their locations.
And with a road map of Ct. you can mark those waters near you or ones that interest you.

Best regards,
SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NewtoCT, you are very close to me,,,, I have a fun bass club, if you wanted to join as a non boater, your more than welcome, let me know, you meet new friends and fellow sportsman, As for little trout honey holes, in the bristol area,,, well theres quite a few!! I have a little stream in Burlington, that is awesome also,, I havent fished it in years BUT every time I pass it nobodies there,, even on opening day,another GREAT spot,, If you go to rte 6 in bristol, there is a Dunkin Donuts, with a Staples across the street, park at Staples and walk to the bridge thats in the parking lot, take a meal worm and let it drift under the bridge,,, I used to catch my limit in about 10 minutes,,, I have a diary where I used to fish for trout,, I dont fish for them anymore, Been a few years,, I would give you the spots..
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy isnt that catch and release or is that from that bridge up river? i know that river and the holes like my back yard pops store was right there back in the day bristol video plus.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: