CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Congamond Ice Out 4/09
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Congamond Ice Out 4/09 Reply with quote

Tough day. Very tough day. Fished the tournament from 7-3 Had around 35 boats or so. Water temp in the morning was 39.8 warming to 45.7 by noonish. We started in middle lake fishing points and steeper banks with rocks and brush piles on them in 15 to 30 feet of water. Threw spoonbill rouges, luckycraft pointers, luckcraft staysees, Rapala Xraps, and homemade hair jigs. Caught nothing. Then moved to south pond. Fished the same type areas with brush piles on them. Caught nothing. Checked up shallow a few times through out the day with small jigs and lipless baits. Nothing. Dropshotted a Hawg Shad in 15-35 feet of water on rocks and brush.. Nothing. Moved to North pond. Fished my xmas tree pile. Made about 50 circles around it... Nothing... All in all we blew our brains out. Not bites, not perch no nothing. About half the field left early. We talked to just about everyone and only heard of two fish being caught. Obviously we weren't doing something right because someone else but us caught fish. No excuse for that. If I was to do it again, I would have thrown a silver buddy type bait and moved out into the 35 foot range. If it warms up to 80 on monday, tuesday up there should be outstanding! This is the first time I have ever caught absolutely nothing in a tournament. A very humbling day.

- Tral

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Stratos17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough day bro. Conditions will improve like you said. Way to give them hell!!!
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably should have thrown an ice fishing jig with a bobber. Very Happy

Thanks for the report. It's as helpful to hear what ISN'T working as what IS working.

Today, I got a bite from a chain pickerel and a few largemouth bass on a six inch Creme worm on a Berkley Powerbait BladeDancer:

I like using the jig head with worms, because it makes them wiggle pretty wildly, but smoothly, from side to side.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Justin,,,,,, IT HAPPENS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: