CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: striper spots Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryan560 wrote:
damn dude think you could tell him all that information in a private message maybe?? I mean you just burned a bunch of spots, some people actually put there time in to finding productive waters from shore... Shocked

Ryan, there's no way to discuss this issue without you being perceived as selfish, but I'm going to try to help you out because I partially agree with you & I think you approached the subject as tactfully as possible (and because I hate crowds too.)

Everyone's definition of TMI is going to be different, but I don't think anyone is dumb enough to post their own (real) juicy secrets on a public forum. The valuable info is generally shared privately among those of us who share similar values. For example, I practice catch & release of LMB/SMB in small lakes and ponds, so posting reports that validate quantity or quality beyond "average" will hurt my cause more than help it. I've got no hostility towards anyone here who fishes for food rather than sport, but I totally withhold info to protect the bass. The vast majority of members actively posting here do so with good intentions, despite their differences.

With that said, there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference between taking the time to actually seek out a honey hole that holds trout and "finding" a place to stand on shore to catch a predictable schooling fish. I don't even try for stripers but I know the locations posted are not a huge secret...just read the DEP's weekly fishing reports.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good ryan no hard feelings what so ever. nothing wrong with speaking your mind and i do agree with u to a certain extent, like asain fisher said lets just fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: