CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Hunting
Viewing Topic: Anyone taking a kid on for the youth turkey hitn saturday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Anyone taking a kid on for the youth turkey hitn saturday Reply with quote

Looks like the weather wants to make this Saturday's youth hunt miserable but we are still planning on heading out with my daughter.

Anyone else heading out?

If the weather is really bad I'm going to try Seadog's method of using the Dodge! Very Happy

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Mike1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish i were kid, So i could hunt before everyone gets out. But nope. Good Luck out there. Where you heading?
Stratos17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, The season seems to be open early this year?

I took my daughter a few year back. Nothing happened til 8:30am.

She shot at nice Jake, poor kid got so excited she shot right over it. Have it on video. great memories.
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youth day used to be the Saturday before the regurlar opener, now it's two youth days on the two Saturday's prior to our opener and they can hunt until 5pm. Great changes for the youth hunters.

@mike1 - We've had some birds on State Land near the house they were are thinking about going after first. We also have private land so we will move there after the AM. Birds were QUIET this morning.

Here are a couple of pics from a scouting trip this past Sunday.

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
Mike1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like your going to have a few good chances to get your kids a bird. I havnt been able to scout this week been to busy and im out on Nantucket this whole coming week so im not going to have time to scout. Its alright though i have a few places i know for sure theirs turkeys there so im going to rely on thoose spots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: