CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Quonnipaug Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rytus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Quonnipaug Advice Reply with quote

I'm probably going to Quonnipaug this wednesday (in a boat, not offshore), and I was wondering if I could get some advice here from people who have been there before. I haven't had any luck in the few times I've been there before, but on opening day I saw several people catch 4-6 lb trout. I've tried everything- crankbaits, rubber worms, spinners, live minnows/night crawlers but still no luck. Around four times I've been there and all I've caught to date are one largemouth and a pickerel. Any tips to increase my productivity?
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a 48ft hole on the east shore past the boulder pile and there's another, smaller hole that's 42 ft deep just past that. Make sure your bait gets down that far. I'd try live worms/jig vertically.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: