CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Dead Fish Piling up in States Lakes, and Ponds. Fish Kill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Dead Fish Piling up in States Lakes, and Ponds. Fish Kill Reply with quote

http://www.wfsb.com/news/27479354/detail.html
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Mike! TurtleKiss (aka Kira) was right on the money when she said:

Quote:
According to my bathymetry, North Farms has a max depth of 5 feet with an average of 3 ft...Has anyone looked at 1860 Reservoir lately? Same situation....supershallow with heavy vegetation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know of a known list of places? they should post it so poeple don't fish the places hard
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to the 1860 and there was a bunch of dead bass in the 2-4 pound range near the little bridge
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a great sight is it... WTF sucky....
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, I'm always right. Razz

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except when you're not. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: northfarms Reply with quote

Northfarms is my home lake. I started bass fishing when i was a little guy with my dad there. there is only two spots on that entire lake that get deeper than 3 feet. the entire front of the lake, Roadside is mostly 1-3 feet deep. You can technically Wade with chest waders all the way out to the island. Its been done before.

The far left side of the lake where the water way is. gets down to about 3- 5 feet deep in a few small spots. To the left of the island there is a 5foot deep spot that is about 50 feet long and 20 feet wide. then tapers back up to 2-3 feet deep. the whole rest of the lake is 3 foot or less.....

its fun to fire up the bass boat. throw it full blast straight to the island from the left side and shut her off lol. start fishing. 20 sec burn. and your in the hottest fishing spot on the lake haha.. love it.

After winter thaw last year i caught over 20 bass from that 5foot of water on left side of island running a rapala rattletrap right along the bottom. all the bass 2lb and up. that place is fun. hopefully the fish recuperate from the hellish winter.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Farms is the only place where I've been deterred by the volume of pads. If it wasn't 3 a.m. and/or I saw some open water to put my boat in I would have launched. I regret my choice now; probably should have just rowed aimlessly through the slop in the dark. Hope it bounces back.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: lol Turtlekiss Reply with quote

Yah ive been detered cause of them padds before. But once i learned how to fish them, I almost live for it. Ive had 4lb bass throw pads around and clear the water on frog and lizard patterns. even some senkos, and Bassassasins work great in there. sometimes its tuff getting through the padds. but its so worth it when the fishings good. I dont know how the Fishkill will effect fishing there. Im sure there are still good numbers and big fish there to be caught. I be there a lot this year unless i find the fishing to be horrible cause of that fishkill. I deffinatly keep you updated on it. If i start getting some good bass hookups i give you a holla.
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: AHHHH work Reply with quote

I am currently working, Avoiding the spiderweb of anglers out there suffocating the shoreline.

even still im getting itchy to go fish right now.

Grabing my kayak after work, and going to go fish away from the crazzyness. .... Not sure where im going, but ive got 3 hours to think about it. any suggestions Im all go.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: lol Turtlekiss Reply with quote

Basstrapper wrote:
Yah ive been detered cause of them padds before. But once i learned how to fish them, I almost live for it. Ive had 4lb bass throw pads around and clear the water on frog and lizard patterns. even some senkos, and Bassassasins work great in there. sometimes its tuff getting through the padds. but its so worth it when the fishings good. I dont know how the Fishkill will effect fishing there. Im sure there are still good numbers and big fish there to be caught. I be there a lot this year unless i find the fishing to be horrible cause of that fishkill. I deffinatly keep you updated on it. If i start getting some good bass hookups i give you a holla.

Yeah, I went there in summer specifically to throw the frog, but even with the high beams on I only saw pads and fog. Didn't know if the whole place was covered like that. 3 .a.m is not the greatest time to launch somewhere new.

Basstrapper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: awsome Reply with quote

3am. Now that is a hardcore fisherwoman. Good job, Thats funny cause im usualy the red jeep wrangler out there with my lights on at 1am catching catfish.

if you ever want a tour of northfarms and my fav little spots and techniques i be more than happy to meet you out there. if you see a red Wrangler, and a green kayak, and a grey Pittbull hanging out, that be me. just say hi. Names will.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: awsome Reply with quote

thinking seen ya before....
Basstrapper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: awsome Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
thinking seen ya before....

you ever go to the Maltby lakes off of 69 there out between woodbridge and beacon falls. ??

me and my buddy pulled up to give it a shot on the water comp pass.

i believe we have met to. lol. very familiar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: