CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Countryside Park 04/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Countryside Park 04/19 Reply with quote

I fished the lower pond at Countryside Park a couple of times today for a total of about 1-1/2 hours. I got a big brown trout to the shore before it shook me off and another one shook me off about 10 feet from the shore. I forgot to put the Thomas Buoyant in my car and had an old trainbow trout patterned Mepps Aglia inline spinner on which the blade would only spin during one out of six retrieves. From the way that I was losing fish, I think that the tiny wire treble hook on the lure is too small. I gotta get me a new shiny flashy spinny lure with a bigger hook. Confused

One of the little kids whom I met there yesterday was back with his dad. I had told him to get a shiny flashy spinny lure and, sure enough, he had a black feathered inline spinner tied on. It had a shiny Colorado blade on it. When I lost the brown at the shore, I yelled for him to fish over by me. We were on opposite sides of the south corner of the pond and he crossed my line, and we got hung up on the other side of the little brick building that sits five feet off the middle of the south shore. Somehow, we got untangled and when he reeled in his line, he hooked up with and landed a 15 to 16 inch rainbow trout. And within 10 minutes, he landed another. I guess that two rainbows were all they needed for dinner, because he, his little brother and his dad took off after that. Surprised But no trout for me tonight. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

I don't think the trebles are to small -> check the points -> may need sharpening with a swipe or 2 of a hook hone.
Trout have a bit of a hard mouth!

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with a rooster tail.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
You can't go wrong with a rooster tail.

Panther Martin is good also -> Blade spins even at the slowest speed. Thumbs Up

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: