CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Their here!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Their here!!!! Reply with quote

The stripers are in. Im out of state so i haven't caught one yet but just got reports from my buddy they caught about ten. One of them was 32 inches and all the rest were between 23-25 inches. They were using Sandworms at the DEP docks in Old Lyme. Im in Nantucket until Sunday but when i get back i know what im doing.
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can catch them that size all year round down there. When we start catching keepers north of Hartford.....they will be here! The water is too high to fish right now. Probably next week or so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Their here!!!! Reply with quote

Yeah mike i hear your egar to make a post. Schoolies and some keepers are in the river all year so when someone sees a post like this and doesnt know they would go down THINKING THEY"RE HERE!!!! they moving around cause the baitfish are coming in..... Thats all the commotion In MY OPINION. but yeah fishing has been picking up better than few weeks yes but as for saying that nope not yet when they are here you will catch your limit in less than 10 mins.... Have a great day hope to see some of ya'll out there....
Mike1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys can think what you want aha i want to think that their here. My buddy sent me a picture today of a 33in keeper caught today and a bunch of shorts.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mike! Where did your buddy get it? Near the shore or further up a river? I think that's the distinction they're making.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Their here!!!! Reply with quote

Dude we all been catching stripers for weeks now... the alwives are coming in and yes with the floods down they are SLOWLY starting to venture around. Still not coming in tho
Mike1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil my friends are catching them in Old Lyme.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Their here!!!! Reply with quote

Check the race reports the have to come thru there to get to the sound. And people have not been catching them out there. Why cause whats in has always been here. left backs moving around. baitfish are and have been coming in only matter of time before we get the full blown THEIR HERE label cause you cant sit there and say when they havent started running in from the Atlantic... simple check the facts... read alll about it
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, please make it a "They're Here!" report. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: