CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bigelow or bust!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Bigelow or bust! Reply with quote

Made my 2011 bigelow debut this morning....such a site, coming down 171...turning in...I felt lucky today!! I drove to the launch at Mashapaug, a couple of parked trailers, but no one parking at launch. Saw a couple nice bass and perches at launch area so I fished off the dock there....NADA..nothing.. was using 1/2 oz perch colored cordel rattlers and some road runners...

drove to one picnic area that down below the parking area... spent about half an hour there...nothing...

drove to bigelow boat launch, fished off handicap dock, saw a nice crappie chasing the little baby fish... and a guy in a kayak who didn't have any luck either..but he was lucky cuz he was out on the water..

finally ended at the fishermans parking lot at the entrance, spent about half an hour there... again...nothing...

but, it was very peaceful, quiet and serene... one of my favorite places just to be at.. especially during the week when most people are at work. oh well, maybe next time.
CaptainHookset

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: saltantsall Reply with quote

Fished saltanstall on saturday, sunday, and yesterday. Easter was pretty good, and i expected Tuesday to be even better when I saw the water temp was up almost 5 degrees. Two fish, 6am-1pm.

Normally that lake is on FIRE this time of year, from mid april to mid may. It has been SO slow. So slow.

Two DEP guys were out on the water, and they came to talk to us. They said that the massive winter fishkill(due to harsh winter) has an overabundance of dying/dead shad and the bass are just over gorging themselves..making it tougher to get them to bite.

Ive felt it slow this year at every lake...how about you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: