CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Hells Anglers Amos Tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, boaters (yeah, all five of you)! I just read that Amos Lake has an eight mile per hour restriction until June 15.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peco, thats all you need on this pond or lake, its not that big, and yes we know,,, dont worry,,, thats why I have a very quick meeting on the water,,You will have plenty of bug pickin out of your teeth time
metalfish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All tied up. Thong washed and ironed Shocked Time to fish!
See you'll in the AM. Nighty Night!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!! I wish I could fish this one. Good luck tomorrow everyone.
metalfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast. Fished with a bunch of great guys and gals. My boater was awesome! Learned some new stuff. I had no keepers today. Landed 4 shorts. Time for a nap. Bass fishing is a tuff sport.......
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tough day, we thought the fishing would be great,, it wasnt, anyway Nick P, and Metalfish won with 10.6lbs, lunker was 4.2.2lbs which was caught by Mike L and DickVanPike,Peco and I had 4.2lbs as my lunker, that was close,, water was around 60 degrees, Get this, some fish were on beds,,We only had 5 boats so once we saw Nick and Metalfishes bag, we didnt have that so we didnt weigh the fish, besides lunker,,Fish were caught on suspending jerkbaits, carolina rigs, and jigs..Winning bag was caught in the shallows,,
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely picking up but damn I can't wait until it's topwater time. Had a lot of cautious chaser bass early on but there was far less interest in my jigs than expected. Caught a trout & slimedart on the rattletrap.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cold, overcast and breezy from when we got on the water at 7:00 am until it was almost time to get off the water at 3:00 pm. Most of the fish were caught either very early in the morning or just after noon. flippy (aka Jim aka Bananasshole) lost a four-plus pounder in a laydown at 10:00 am. He got it on a jig and went to lift it into the boat before I could grab or net it. Sad We didn't figure out that the bass were sitting on the bottom in nine to 11 feet of water until 12:00 pm when Jim tied on a Carolina rigged blue creature bait and dragged it slowly on the bottom. He got two keepers in 30 minutes after that. We should have figured it out sooner, because I saw two bass come up from the bottom in about 10 feet of the murky 57 to 59 degree water to check out my lure before turning and swimming right back down. 30 minutes before we had to get off the water, I got a strong hit on a soft plastic Sebile Magic Swimmer about 30 feet from the boat. I did my best professional style hookset and began reeling in what I thought was a solid bass but turned out to be a big pickerel. Sonofab"/@)! Mad

About the Bananasshole thing: Jim thought it would be funny to show up with a three foot long stuffed banana tied to his boat. Rolling Eyes Yeah, that turned out well.

Like metalfish (aka Ian), I was beat at the end of the day. After I finally got home, I slept for 12 hours. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I did my best professional style hookset and began reeling in what I thought was a solid bass but turned out to be a big pickerel. Sonofab"/@)! Mad

LOL my pickerel had me convinced too - they're probably all big and strong from snacking on the trophy trout. My trout didn't do anything at all until I dropped it in the boat.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok question....Last year I bought my girlfriend a Pflueger spinning combo, 6'10" Lady Trion....well, its "too heavy" for her (dont ask me the thing is light as a feather)....So anyway, its kind of a nice rod, how much shit would you guys give me if I used it? Mind you, its got pink guide wraps and pink writing on pole......
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't give you any shit at all. I've got 4 pink Pfleuger casting combos and they're absolutely fantastic. I don't care much for the color pink either but that cosmetic crap makes no difference as long as you're comfortable with your setup. I've been thinking of putting some sort of lime green covering over my guide wraps.

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. get your girl to a gym if she has trouble casting that thing because it's "too heavy."

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly why black sharpies were invented Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: