CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mashapuag and Bigelow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS1980

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Mashapuag and Bigelow Reply with quote

Heading out to Mashapuag and Bigelow this week. Has anyone had much luck at either this year? We will be fishing from shore and then I will probably work my way down to Bigelow Brook.
chud059

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there 4 times in the last week and half. Unfortunately, no luck. Place is very serene and quiet though.. esp during week. I start at the Mashapaug ramp if there aren't any boaters there... usually some small bass hanging out by the launch area... then make my way backwards eventually to a rock on a point at bigelow. Great area, very scenic and relaxing. Where is the bigelow river??
KS1980

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have heard it is pretty much hit or miss. Bigelow Brook is the stream between the two ponds. I have never even looked to see if it is big enough for fish, but someone posted on a board that they caught some brown trout near the brook , so I figured while I am there to look around and see.
KS1980

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update on this,

We caught a couple bass and trout. One Trout was tagged with a little yellow piece of plastic for some contest that was being run by a website along with Cabelas, so that was pretty cool. Overall a good experiance fishing at Mashapaug. My buddies went back yesterday (Mothers day) but didn't have much luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: