CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Derby Dam anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassRican

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Derby Dam anyone? Reply with quote

Anyone going to hit Derby tonight? I'm hoping to get out there tonight. I went a couple Sundays back and got skunked. It was late morning into the afternoon and no one was catching. Nothing at O'Sullivan's either. But it was my first time there and I mainly wanted to find the place and scope it out. I see that the reports are getting better! I was thinking about getting there around 7 pm. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got the 'ol skunkaroo! Got there around 6:45 pm and the water was high and the place was packed. I managed to get a spot down away from the dam and watched others catch stripers. The bite seemed to die down around 7:30. It seems like most were using surf rods with top water plugs. I therefore brought a knife to a gun fight. My 7ft spinning rod with Storm Mag Thunderstick was just not appropriate. Then switched to a black Slug-go and worked my way closer to the dam. But it was useless. We left around 9. I WILL catch a striper in a river this year!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there too last night but was on the otherside cause of how many guys were on that side. Untill 11pm where i walked on the dam pretty far out and think that i will be doing that from now on if its legal.... There were no signs that i saw... Seen loads of fish but not like the other night. I seen shad yes shad but not in #'s maybe under a dozen. I seen huge schools of yellow perch and alot of herring. I also see cause of the current 5+ lb LMB or SMB im thinking smallies.. and some big ass carp... I walked pretty close to the middle of the dam and thought for sure id catch something... Lost mad lures but also found alot.... Will be going back really soon as soon as i get back from Mass....
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me when you go

I havent gone this week but I hope to get out there

Bassrican I went on a no fish streak there while my friends who were 5-10 feet from me were catching some!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: