CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: eel rigging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy H

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: eel rigging Reply with quote

My buddy and I were on the river last night and we were getting some really great hits until the cold front showed up but my question for everyone is because we hooked the eel through the mouth and out a eye the stripers were hitting the back of the eels as expected and not inhaling it . My buddy hooked into one but it got off. Is there a good was to just hook them in the back or a way to double hook them so one could hook up with more fish? Thanks. Pictures and some good description would help me a bunch.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's like fishing a sluggo. Drop the tip after he hits. Then set it.They crush the head then sometimes spit it out to swallow it up again. All happens real fast. You hook some you lose some. Got a keeper on an eel last night. I h8 fishing them lol, but they aren't hitting plugs much for me anymore and i dont have any fresh bunker yet.
DaveyDave

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u guys are truely dedicated to eels when u have extras at the end of a night take em and throw them in the freezer the next morning thaw them out and RIGG them up!!!they are a great work better than live one with less headache and u can whip them out without worrying about releasing a one eyed eel into the atmosphere..
i do mine with 2 offset octupus hooks and some dacron(if blues are around i smoetimes sub in AWC plastic coated 70lb wire doubled up and crimped)
i have gotten some of the most intense violent hits ever on a rigged eel!
try it and u wont miss the live ones!
this also gived u the option to reuse rigged eels night after night ...make a heavy salt solution with water and rock salt and a thick ziplock bag..
now even if ur plug fishin alnight and havent had a bump it kinda like having live bait with u at all times
just my .02 cents fellas let me know what u think and hey if u wanna see how its done shoot me a pm i can rigg them on the beach in about 5 mins
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of the frozen eels before, I put my eels in the freezer and forgot about them and found them months later. Rolling Eyes

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
DaveyDave

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u wanna talk about bad if i lacked on takin them out of the freezer or forgot about them for a few days my parents would have fried eel a delicacy in portuguese cusine.my mom even had the nerve to complain on how shad was to boney and not to bring them home anymore
never had the stones to break it to them that they ate my bait luckily my dad couldnt stand playin with the live ones in the cooler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: