CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Stripers in Windsor/Suffield area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hookset7073

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Stripers in Windsor/Suffield area Reply with quote

Anybody been having luck on the CT river north of Hartford for Stripers? This rain blows. Been trying to get out in my kayak for the past week, but don't want to die in the process! Gonna put waders on and hit the shore. Any luck on Plugs/Swimbaits/Stick baits etc? Or are they hitting more or less Eels/Bloodworms, etc? Any feedback is appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends who you talk to. i heard one guy saying he has 40+ keepers in the enfield area non of them caught on live bait............................... Rolling Eyes fiugres there arent any pictures to back up his stories.

from what ive seen and witnessed fish are being caught in the Farmington and the mouth of. Heard a mix of live bait and lures. This rain didnt help my hunt for another keeper. Enfield dam is pretty much unfishable again. Freeking rain is killing the fishing once again. kinda blows im just glad i got the keeper when i did.
Night Fisher

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enfield is unfishable. Tried south windsor and east windsor with chunk and every lure and saw nothing but two foot eels....

Enfield you are better off trying to fish from parking lot.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Hopwell........... No pictures = Not a true story! Lets get out to the Farmington soon then. I wanna get on one before this rain ruins everything. I hope Sam's shindig is still on. Don't know if we can get there now with the water this high ya know.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not looking good for sams weekend since next week we are also getting a bunch of rain. getting to the "destination" could be hairy!
Hookset7073

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that really sucks man. I really wanna go, hopefully we will get a miracle. If not we should just do a sick lake/camping mission somewhere we never go to.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only plan on doing one night anyway. thats my birthday weekend also so i got some going on with the wife and family.
atkins

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went to the rt 159 launch, half hearted attempt, bugs are awful. One guy told me hes being doing well with rapalas.
It was pretty packed, i hate fishing from shore, but dont feel like getting caught out in the rain in my canoe
Night Fisher

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain? What rain its been a perfect fishing season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: