CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: West Thompson Lake 5/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therieldeal

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: West Thompson Lake 5/21 Reply with quote

I went out with my girlfriend’s father in his johnboat for a couple hours on Saturday evening. Got out there around 6, stayed out until the sun started going down. We didn’t venture all that far from the boat launch since all he has is oars… kind of just drifted with the wind along the eastern shore. He didn’t have any luck at all, I caught a couple of good sized crappie and one pumpkinseed on a gold phoebe spoon. Should have brought my carp setup though, at one point we came across an area with a bunch of carp feeding bubbles. Ah well… maybe next time Smile
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't skunk your girlfriend's father! Embarassed I've been married for almost 19 years and still I do everything I can to make sure that my father-in-law catches something when we go fishing.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn’t much I could do… I did try though! We were throwing all kinds of different lures at first, but once I started catching something on the Phoebe he switched to a nearly identical one… still no luck though. Unfortunately I’ve never had very much luck fishing at this lake, especially the eastern shore where the boat launch is - but it was where he wanted to go. I guess this was his first time out in his boat since like ’98, so I wasn’t going to argue with him on location Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: