CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Slug-Go colors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassRican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Slug-Go colors Reply with quote

What are the most useful colors for stripers? I know thats like asking "what kind of underwear do you use?" Its subject to opinion, BUT I know there are some "need to have" colors. I looked at the list on Lunker City's website, and its a little overwelming. Also what sizes are most useful? I want to hit Derby on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of something Daryl (aka Daryl) told me. When someone asked President Reagan, "Boxers or briefs?", he answered, "Depends." Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol phil!

Rican, I like the 9 inch white....(thats what she said?)....its never done me wrong
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a classic dirty yet clean joke for the ladies. Works every time....

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassRican - DaveyDave (aka Dave) and his fishing buddy (aka NY Yankee Dad) told me to match the hatch and, in the case of stripers in the Housatonic River at least, that would mean Slug-Gos in blueback herring colors.

Last edited by PECo on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BassRican

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DickVanPike & PECo! I know I would open up a can of worms with the underwear statement. Thanks for the color suggestions. I kind of figured on white and black (for night fishing). There are sooo many colors , that it seems like the lure companies design them to catch fishermen! PECo, I did order some of the blue back herring color also. I wasn't too sure about alwife or the bunker? I found a web site that had 9" 3pk for $4.99 Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure i'll be out there some point of the day/night.... who knows where its gonna bring me..... anything can happen and they can switch up quick. telling you that just get the obvious bait scheme thats in there shad,herring, alewives, soon bunker. cant wait till i can use a whole live bunker for the monsters omg... yea...bassrican when they come in all hell breaks loose thats whats gonna separate most of us and our fishing. Some will go salt and stay salt till fall.... Im all around. Stockings for upper farmington and salmon river for trout 8000 going in the waters this week most likely today........ But weather mad nice so might be in derby..........
slim2043

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Bassrican what site did u find them for that price? I got some Hogys instead bcuz I got a better price on them vs the Slug-gos
BassRican

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is. Check it out.

https://www.causewaybaitandtackle.com/Slug-Go_c_384.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna gobble up a few of these myself and hope the Stripers do too!
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black red white.
BassRican

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy - I picked up some white, black, and blue herring. Nine inch. They all came with a large hook. Ordered them on Thursday and recieved them on Monday! No problems. Hope to get out soon. Bum shoulder got me out of commission thumbs down

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassrican sounds like ur headed in the right direction i would try all the color u mentioned above but i usually throw the hook in a coffee can where i throw all my hooks that come with the lures..i usually rig them steve mcenna style double rigged 7/0 offset gami..find it on youtube
i have found that after a rainstorm like we had last night into today dont be scarred to toss a chartruese or a bubblegum or white with the silver flash..
as a heads up the houssy has been a zoo just about everybody down there think they own the river and are A**H****.Get ready for heavy boat traffic and just about elbow to elbow fishing.If by chance u are lucky enough to hook up into a fish guys will cross u and seems like they try their hardest to foul u up and lose the fish keep a knife handy for quick line cuts no questions asked!!!might come in handy afterwards too!!!lol
not the place to go and fish if ur seeking calm serenity and peace and quiet ..
Good Luck think im done with Houssy till all the traffic settles down hopefully its just because no big schools of bass have moved inhopefully all these danm people will dispurse once things really get started in the sound
hoppy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink Houdini Shads..........and no i am not kidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: