CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: camping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: camping Reply with quote

myself and a few of my friends are looking to go camping somewhere, preferably somewhere you can fish. I have heard you can camp at breakneck with a permit but everything i have seen says its limited to one night. does anyone know any good places you can go camping for a weekend that isnt at a camp ground thats going to have a bunch of other people. we kinda would rather be out in the woods and not at a major campground. Thanks in advance for any information.
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or if anyone knows any place in mass or VT/NH within an hour or 2, not against traveling a little bit.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: camping Reply with quote

Aj1986 wrote:
myself and a few of my friends are looking to go camping somewhere, preferably somewhere you can fish. I have heard you can camp at breakneck with a permit but everything i have seen says its limited to one night. does anyone know any good places you can go camping for a weekend that isnt at a camp ground thats going to have a bunch of other people. we kinda would rather be out in the woods and not at a major campground. Thanks in advance for any information.

Breakneck is limited to a one night backpacking/camping stay, but it's free. I have (unintentionally) stayed there overnight and highly recommend it...amazing night sounds, huge firepits, really fresh air, and plenty of space between sites (no one else was there when I went.) It's a magical place...spend a night there!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Aj1986

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that was the first place i wanted to go but we want to stay for a weekend and i dont think thats possible, im going to talk to the DEP and see if there are any exceptions.. i tried to call today but no one ever answered, i guess the office was closed for memorial day.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know what you find out. I'd love to spend a few nights there myself.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Aj1986

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure thing, iv been trying to call all day with no answers.. their message says open from 8am-4pm mon-fri for the State Park Division but still nothing
Aj1986

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright so i found out that you can only stay one night under your name, but if you are going with more then one person you can sign up for consecutive days under different names (yours and one of your friends for instance) and that way you can stay for more then one night.
therieldeal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneaky, but cool that they are ok with that haha

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: