CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Trout Fishing the Farmington 6/3/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Trout Fishing the Farmington 6/3/11 Reply with quote

I just wanted to report on this epic event that took place on Friday. Let me first say that my girlfriend doesn't like nature. She says she does but I've gone camping with her and she doesnt Very Happy. I was finally able to get her out on the river in the waders I bought for her with me! I can't belive I forgot the camera! We went out Friday afternoon and we were able to catch a couple of trout on powerbait/mealworm which never seems to fail there. I got nothing on artificials and everything we caught was on the pink pole Very Happy. We saved a trout that we found supine in an inch of water by recussitating him and sent him home to the river. I had a great time! I love getting other people involved in the joys of fishing, even though she complained about being cold and all the bugs. (It wasn't cold and bugs are good Very Happy) I still give her an A+ for getting out there with me and catching some beautiful trout. Maybe I can get her out there one more time this season and record evidence of this fisherwoman via photograph Very Happy.

Til next time, tight lines!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supine? Shocked Wow! I never expected to see that word in a post on this site. But, of course, it came from a trout guy. Very Happy

My wife would say that at least you got advance notice of your girlfriend's inclinations before you took your relationship to the next level. When I mentioned to her over the Winter that jonnyfly00's (aka Jon's) girlfriend goes ice fishing with him, she said, "Well, that's because she's his girlfriend." A funny thing, though, is that TurtleKiss (aka Kira) said the same thing. And when I told her that my wife has promised to go kayaking with me this year, Kira said, "Yeah, ONCE!" Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Peco Smile

I had to look that word up. I keep a fishing log on my ipad and I was documenting what we did that day and I was looking for the correct way to say "upside-down".

My girlfriend goes kayaking but she's not much interested in the fishing part Sad It would be a miracle if I could get her to go ice fishing because ice is cold.

I'm getting a new rod and reel for bassfishing in the kayak and I'm gonna be dying to go very soon. I'm willing to go to any pond/lake/canal/creek etc. I'd like to meet you and go fishing sometime let me know when and where you are going out in the yak in the near future.
slim2043

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the same spot yesterday just before sunset. The trout didn't want to eat until right after sunset. Here are a few pics from last night. All trout were caught and released and we didn't get any trophies Very Happy

[/img]
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trout hit after dark eh? Interesting. Nice fish too.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Supine? Shocked Wow! I never expected to see that word in a post on this site. But, of course, it came from a trout guy. Very Happy

My wife would say that at least you got advance notice of your girlfriend's inclinations before you took your relationship to the next level. When I mentioned to her over the Winter that jonnyfly00's (aka Jon's) girlfriend goes ice fishing with him, she said, "Well, that's because she's his girlfriend." A funny thing, though, is that TurtleKiss (aka Kira) said the same thing. And when I told her that my wife has promised to go kayaking with me this year, Kira said, "Yeah, ONCE!" Confused

I'm waiting patiently for the right time to say "I told you so." BTW Phil, don't expect her to plan the kayaking adventure herself...you're gonna need to use some gentle force.

+1 to slim2043 for using a thesaurus.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
slim2043

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@crest - I wasn't aware you could catch trout after dark myself. The hard part once the light goes away, is the release. Good thing I had my camera! We used the flash as light to retrieve the hook. The last fish we caught it was pretty dark so we decided if we stayed longer it would do more harm than good. I thought they were mostly sight eaters but apparently either they can see in the dark or I had some good stinky powerbait.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of the best trout fishing iv ever had was after dark, 10pm-3am, altho that was at a lake not a river.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aj1986 wrote:
some of the best trout fishing iv ever had was after dark, 10pm-3am, altho that was at a lake not a river.

Hi Aj,

I agree, -> I have found the same here on Ct. trout lakes and ponds.
Especially those big cannibal Brown Trout -> They like to roam and feed at night. Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good to know! Thanks guys! I don't pond/lake fish for trout very often but I will definitely keep that in mind. I don't think I'll be wading in the river too much more at night though! Just a bit too dangerous for me and the fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: