CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 6/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mep21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 6/10 Reply with quote

After work on Friday, I met up with Daryl at Batterson. Some will find this hard to believe for Batterson, but for most of the evening there was little to no wind! Daryl and I starting out by throwing plastics against the opposite shore of the beach, but nothing was going.

The fishing remained slow to non-existent until about 8PM. Fish started to show signs that they were hitting topwater so I quickly switched to my frog and Daryl soon followed. After our first fifteen minutes or so I threw a cast right past a tree, almost into the woods, to cover every inch of water. Just as Daryl was ready to give me a hard time for fishing in the tress, BAM!, Waited till five and set the hook and at first the fish didn't seem too big, but that must have been because it swam right at me. Once I got a look at it I quickly got Daryl's help to net it:

Just over 3.5 pounds and my PB for Connecticut! Very Happy

Once the excitement calmed down, we headed out towards a nice 50 or so yards of weeds in some open water. I quickly landed another 13 inch bass. Daryl had 2 or 3 strikes where the hook just didn't set even after a nice pause. About two minutes after that I got another good hit. Another great fish:

It was about 2.25 pounds on the scale. After that the action died off pretty quick and we decided to head in. Thanks for the company Daryl, we'll get out there and get rid of the skunk soon.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the CT PB! You guys must have been there while the eye of the Batterson wind vortex was completely overhead.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job out there! Congrats on the CT PB.
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, congrats on the new PB. The big girls are in there, you just have to wait it out for the right conditions.
Fishface

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Mark, wish I could have made it up there.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: