CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: fishing at gold courses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: fishing at gold courses? Reply with quote

I was on rt 85 in Hebron, saw tallwood golf course and it had a body of water right by the road. While I didn't see any signs that didn't say I couldn't fish, I didn't want to take any chances... same with globe hollow in Manchester, even though I have fished in there (pickerel).

I did go to risley reservoir, met a guy who works at Farrs, he caught a nice little bass, we both lost lures to snags though.

been a while since I've been able to do any serious fishing, the storms the last 2 weeks have made my restaurant really busy...tired..
steven1smith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globe Hollow is a water supply reservoir, and I believe it is illegal to fish there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, illegal and enforced. Rolling Eyes

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last couple of years I had fished there. it's funny, the sign says no dogs, no swimming and other things...doesn't say anything about no fishing. So a guy with a dog in the water tells me no fishing! There are lots of pretty big pickerel in there. But I won't chance it now. I am going to call that tallwood golf course and ask about that water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: