CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Keeney Cove 6/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atkins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Keeney Cove 6/15 Reply with quote

Slow day
just I few bluegills and pumpkins on bits of worm for my pike/bowfin bait.

Slow for everyone down there, saw an eel, yellow and white perch caught, crappie and some monster bluegills. Thats about it.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past 2 days have been the slowest for me ever...so few bites. Partner and I boated 1 slimedart at Cedar in 6 hours yesterday. I managed 1 perch at Scoville in 12 hours Tuesday. Nothing even wanted a wacky senko. However, I observed a TON of surface feeding going on before sunrise...I suspect the fish are feeding at night and the upcoming full moon is to blame.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
atkins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try one of my regular spots today, maybe Bolton, eagleville, or mansfield.
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ever consider putting the live bait down for artificials? Live bait has its palce but why not try something differant? you been fishing long? my guess would be not very.
atkins

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been fishing for quite some time, the live bait angle is the rare thing for me, im almost always using lures. It would have been nice if you took the time to read some of previous posts before assuming that I'm some inept and inexperienced fisherman. Fishing from shore, in freshwater, and with bait is not an area of skill for me but sometimes I just enjoy the casting out the the bait, having a beer and seeing what happens.
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would have been nice if you didnt assume i was assuming you were inexperienced. Rolling Eyes like i said "my guess"......50/50 chance bro. sorry luck wasnt on my side for this one. Rolling Eyes more power to you with the crawlers and keep the reports coming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: