CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Ct River Tourny,,, Hells Anglers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BTP77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, got your message from last week sorry didn't call sooner. I cannot fish on 6/18 due to work. Saturdays are a tougher day for tournaments than I imagined this spring.
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim - Is this tourny still on? In as a non-boater if there is room.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah Jim if this were a team tourny trail id do some,Im not a fan of meeting someone on the dock then fishing for 8 hours with them, had some real bad experiences, but also had a few good ones, Bluegill terminator and I fished one, and hes always welcome on my boat , but I just dont like the draw thing its to hit or miss.
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for right now the tourny is on BUT, I do not have enough boaters as of right now,, so I will be pairing the non boaters in the order they have signed up,,,, as of right now I only have 5 boats,,So the first 5 non boaters that signed up will be paired,,Tmac, I am hearing alot of this with the pairings, Im stuck for the rest of this year,,, I thought I would try a pairings thing but its not working, next year will be all teams,, I am planning the tournys for next year now,, I will basically be having all opens next year,, so grab a partner and come fish,,and that goes for everybody,, I plan on having opens every other weekend, Team tournys will have same partners for every tourny, with an allowance of 2 tournys with a different partner,, if needed,,
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only have 4 boats, so I took in order who, replied, this is what I got, also this is the pairings,,, Boaters, I have Greg, Nick, Jim and Jay,,, non boaters(again I took these in order that they signed up,, Kira, Dereck, Phil, and Bluegill,,, the pairings are,,, Greg and Phil,,,Nick and Derek,,, Jay and Kira,,, Jim and Pete
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that blows....good luck everybody
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, is this a 6am start like I assumed? Gonna be bright out by 530. I have to be at a family party for 4pm and I'm out if its a 7 to 3er. And you know how us gingers do in the high noon sun :/
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earlier the better for me as well.

I tried to get in touch with Jay but no answer and his voicemail hasn't been set up. Will try again tonight.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Tmac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: River Reply with quote

Jim call me, might be in last min, if its still open...Boater
Tmac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier better for me also
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6AM START,,,, Tmac,,I left a message,, We are all set,,,
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the hourly weather report for Haddam. It looks like we'll get lucky with the post-rain weather. Whoo hoo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this morning started, with having one person STAND UP their partner, which WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!! Anyway that really PISSED ME OFF!!! How can you plan to tourny fish and not show up when the club is waiting for YOU!! Anyway I took Derek out with myself and Bluegill, boat was crowded but we managed,, I had fun with you guys,, it was a good day,, Water temp was 68 degrees,,, we saw a couple fish guarding their nests,, we caught them,,We had a great day Pike fishin,, Bluegill had a smile,, He really likes Pike, Peco was laughing at me because I put enough sunscreen on,,, looks like an elephant came all over me,,, Yes we got them flippin,,, SURPRISE,,, early morning was pretty active then when low tide set in, it made for a very slow mid morning,, when the tide started moving the magic started happening,, anyway we ended up winning, DirtyDawg, Bluegill and Flippy ended up with, 14.2lbs,,, Greg and Peco had 10.10lbs, and Tmac and Tmac JR had 9.6lbs,, not bad bags considering,,
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a terrific day of fishing, too. Thanks again, Jim. And thanks again, to you too, Greg.

The earlier start time was great because we caught more of the outgoing tide. Greg and I caught a bunch of fish in the first three hours on the steep bank of the channel across from the boat launch ramp. We caught smallies and largemouths on smoke/pepper tubes and wacky rigged green Senkos, although I got the first fish on a jointed countdown Rapala minnow. We boated probably 16 or 17 keepers and more than a couple of dozen fish overall, including some shorts, a black crappie and a northern pike. When the tide slackened and the sun came up fully, the bite slowed to a crawl. But we saw a mature bald eagle and an autogyro, and a single engine plane almost landed on top of us at the end of the Goodspeed airfield.

In the end, it was great to finally cull some fish and end up with a full bag. And I was extremely thankful to have been paired up with Greg when Jim took off his pants and greased himself up for some greco-roman wrestling with Pete and Derek on his boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: