CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bullhead Fishing at Gardner Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does Powerbait for catfish work for you?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Chriskipz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Bullhead Fishing at Gardner Lake Reply with quote

Planning on using Liver flavored powerbait and nightcrawlers. Any suggestions? If gardner lake isnt the best spot, any suggestions around the norwich to griswold area on hot spots?
dave_376

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny thing you mention gardner and bull head, I was there the other day and made a few casts with a crankbait and caught a good sized bullhead on it.....first time I've ever caught one on a moving lure....I would try a few different baits catfish bait is supposed to work although I've never had much luck with it, I've done best with night crawlers
Chriskipz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_376 wrote:
funny thing you mention gardner and bull head, I was there the other day and made a few casts with a crankbait and caught a good sized bullhead on it.....first time I've ever caught one on a moving lure....I would try a few different baits catfish bait is supposed to work although I've never had much luck with it, I've done best with night crawlers
Yeah, thats strange last year at mohegan park I tossed out a lil' cleo spinner and was surprised to find out i had a sizeable bullhead on the end of my line! Last time I used powerbait for catfish I wound up going empty handed. Although my friend caught a decent sized one off of the powerbait
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught a bullhead at Bantam River on a shallow diving crankbait last year. It surprised the heck out of me too.
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange thing I did too. I had a littel over an hour to squeeze in some fishing before a client session in Trumbull. So I hit the Sagatuck Res. I didnt want to get skunked so I tied on a little yellow Viscious panfish spinnerbait. After about three casts I get what at first I thought was a 1lb bass, but it turned out to be about a 1 pound bullhead. I was surprised since it was on a spinnerbait, no matter how small.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightcrawlers for bullhead, Powerbait for channel cats.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: