CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Pesky Trout
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Pesky Trout Reply with quote

OK, so I go down to my local pond to try and catch some bait. I'm going camping this weekend (pike fishing-just don't tell the wife Wink ) and I'm looking to catch some golden shiners and fallfish. This is the usual pre-fishing occurrence for me. I wasn't getting anything from my usual spot, so I moved to a dock with a big light shining right on the water. It's starting to get dark now, so it helped to see what I was doing. I throw my baits out and begin throwing small pieces of bread in the water to try and bring in some fish.

Suddenly, it becomes a feeding frenzy of good sized fish! They were coming from everywhere! After catching a few, I realized that they were all rainbow trout Shocked . I was not interested in them because I wasn't going to have time to clean them that night, and my bait catching time is limited.

For the rest of the night I was trying NOT to catch trout. If my bait got to the bottom, I would get a golden shiner once in a while, but the trout were hitting my worm pieces before the weight could even get down to the bottom Mad . By the end of the night, I had caught around 20 fish in a 4 hour span. The bag included a handfull of sunfish, at least 10 trout (all 12" to 16"), and only 3 golden shiners Rolling Eyes . Funny how things work out in this sport. Where were these trout on openning day when I was looking for them Embarassed .

So if anybody wants some trout, PLEASE go to Freshwater Pond in Enfield and take them ALL. I guarantee you will catch your limit in 30 min. or less. Bring a friend. Just let the goldies and fallfish go back Laughing . I will be there again tonight.

Last edited by Flipper on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
slim2043

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe target the trout tonight and you'll catch the shiners Wink

Funny how fishing is sometimes... you can't always get what you want

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.. I may have to stop down this week and drop my line in for a hour or so..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: