CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Crescent Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Crescent Lake Reply with quote

My daughter had a soccer party last weekend at one of the parents' house on Crescent Lake in Enfield. They said that there would be kayaks and a canoe available, so I brought a pole and a few lures. Hit the water at about 3:00pm and fished for about an hour. I ended up using a small silver flake spinnerbait with a single hammered colorado blade and a silver flake grub as a trailer. I caught 7 bass in all with the largest being a little over 1.5 lbs. The rest were very small (8"-12"). This lake could use some pike.

The funny thing about this trip, was that it was hot and sunny in the middle of the day and there was plenty of shade, laydowns, and other cover, but all of the bass I caught were in open water (still shallow). It seemed like the bass were just laying in the open sunning themselves. Strange.

I don't really do this kind of fishing anymore, but I have to admitt it was fun. It takes me back to the days when I just wanted to stretch a line instead of looking for "The One", which is how I fish now. It was a different and enjoyable perspective from my normal fishing trips. I thought of Peco the whole time Very Happy . If I had more time to fish, I probably would buy a kayak and go out just to play sometimes. Days like this are why I started fishing in the first place, and it's good to remember that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a good time. Fishing from a yak is a more laid back way to fish.
MarkO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Crescent Lake Reply with quote

Flipper wrote:
Days like this are why I started fishing in the first place, and it's good to remember that.

Well said Flipper, well said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: