CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Ball Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damage inc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Ball Pond Reply with quote

Went there today. Got there way way way too late. 10:30 AM caught one 12 inch large mouth and got a few more bites. But hangin with my dad was the best part about it.!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes thats the best catch of all.
damage inc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back out by ymyself this morning. Got to BP at 5:30 AM. Got a 15.5" Rainbow and a 17" Bass. Hooked into a big Brown but he got off just near the surface (thats's how I knew it was a big Brownie!).

OH! I tried that new Berkley line and it is F'n awesome! NanoFil. I got the 6lb for my light action gear. I'm gonna change my Fireline out to this stuff! Trout don't see it and it got me through the "Ball Pond Muck" that the 12lb FireWire can't! Stuff feels like a cat's whisker.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report on the new Berley fishing line. I saw it at Cabela's and thought about trying it, but it's freakin' expensive, even for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That NanoFil might have persuaded me to dust off my spinning gear if I could afford it.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
damage inc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went over to BP this morning with Onzo. It was a little slow. Caught a 3 lb bass and Onzo got a 14" Native Rainbow. He had a big strike but couldn't set the hook. That's what I call "gettin Onzo'd!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were you using the day you caught the trou and largeouth, and lost the brown? All the Texas rigged worms? Is there any place there to use any crankbaits or is the whole thing weedy?
damage inc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Alwives. 4 poles with 3 split shots each the Alwives were about 3 feet away from the weight all were hooked through the nose using #6 and #8 Owner Mosquito hooks. If you have never been to Ball Pond, a fish finder is a great tool to have for the depths. When you leave the boat launch the weeds (witches hair) are bad for about 150 yards. That 150 yards is AWESOME for bass! Plenty of hiding spots. after you pass the Private Beach it drops to about 10 feet. As you go out say another 100 yards it goes down to like 50 feet. Here is a depth chart. The launch is on the bottom of the map.

Hope this helps!

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/bathymetry/CT/CT_Ball_Pond.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: