CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Fluke Fishing in Manasquan Inlet NJ 7.3.11 and 7.4.11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use scent more than half the time you spend fishing?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

babycubcatcher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Fluke Fishing in Manasquan Inlet NJ 7.3.11 and 7.4.11 Reply with quote

Hey all,

I went out over the holiday in Manasquan NJ for fluke 7.3 and 7.4.11. both mornings overcast with passing thunderstorms in the area from 7am to 11am. Tons of boat traffic both mornings because of the holiday (despite the weather) but that didn't stop the fluke. Got about 30 each day and 1 keeper each day as well. both keepers were 18 1/2 to 19 inches (keeper is 6 fish at 18 inches this year). Used a Spro buck-tail in white yellow with a gulp charturse minnow on a 3/0 shine hook on a teaser about 2 feet up the line. on the buck-tail i had a "fluke sandwich," a piece of squid with a live killie (or mummy-chug as we call them in CT) on top of that. Most fish hit the jig, not the glup and i think the killie was the trick. Also used scent on the buck-tail that was new by bioedge called a squid wand. It is like a deodorant stick that you wipe on the bait and i got a good bite after each application. I am a firm believer in scent and think the mess is part of what turns people to it, this "wand" solves that and works well. Anyway, I figured I should post my activity, since there has been a lack of post on here lately.
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice report brotha. Im glad you got some ssalt time in. Fluke is good eating thats for sure. Hope to see you soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: