CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Thompson Dam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icetilt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Thompson Dam Reply with quote

Went fishing with my son at west thompson dam saturday morining trying to catch him some calico, whick he informed on Friday was the next type of fish that he wanted to catch for the first time.So 6:30am we load the 12ft aluminum and the gear in the back of the boat and head up. Normally we have the lake to ourselves but today there were four bass boats and two kayakers, and we were all headed up towards the same spot. My son and I tried for some calico first but no luck so we swithced over to bass. Found a rock pile that went out into the water and started casting 4" Senkos wacky rigged. Two casts abd I hook up with about a 1 1/2 lb smallie and I lose him right at the boat . Five minutes later my son gets a hit and sets the hook. Next thing I know he has about a 3lb large mouth jumping out of the water on the end of his line. He gets it to the boat and I go to land it for him and just before I lip it the line breaks and we lose the fish. I now feel horrible because I spooled new line on the other 5 rods in the boat or checked to make sure the line was good, but not his becuase I put new 10lb on last week. After that we fished for around the rock pile and down the shore line and ended up missing 3 or 4 and landing 1 large mouth and smallie.
We then headed down to the lower side of the lake and on the way my son wanted to troll so I put on a 1/8oz rattle trap for him. Not five minutes after we start he hooks up and lands a 13inch white perch, release him and start trolling again and my son hooks up again this time with a 13inch calico. At this point he is thrilled so we keep trolling for the next 1hr or so and in total ended up landing 6 more calico and 2 more white perch and one 10 inch smallie. All and all a great day on the water with my son. Some pics below of the one bass double and some of the calico my son caought.

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job putting your Son on some fish...good times!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: