CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 07/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Spring Pond 07/25 Reply with quote

I headed over to Spring Pond to kill a couple of hours while my son was at his Driver's Ed class this morning. I fished from 8:15 am to 9:45 am, when it started to rain. The air was cool, in the upper 60s, I think. At first there was little to no wind, but a south breeze rose up just before the rain began to fall. Once again, I never got out of the south cove. I launched at the culvert on the west shore and worked my way counter-clockwise around the cove. I threw a frog over the weeds in the shallows on the west shore. I landed my first largemouth bass within 10 minutes and the second less than 20 minutes later:

The first was 14 inches long and the second was 16 inches long. I was hoping to get an 18 incher next! Rolling Eyes After I got out of the weeds, I switched from the frog to a Texas rigged watermelon red Rage Tail Rage Craw with a 3/8 ounce tungsten bullet weight that was pegged with an egg shaped rubber bobber stopper:

I threw it out parallel to the east shore and hopped it along the bottom before stopping to let it sit. The braided line that was floating on the surface started moving away from me, so I reeled in the slack and set the hook:

I skipped the 18 inch largemouth bass and caught a 20 incher, instead! Whoo hoo! Very Happy Like the last time that I was on Spring Pond, I didn't have my digital scale with me, but I guesstimate that the bass weighed about 3-1/2 pounds. Less than 10 minutes later, I felt a tick on my line as I dragged the craw over the bottom and set the hook on a 15 inch bass:

After that, I threw the frog over the weedy shallows to the south of the south island, but didn't get any hits. I gotta get out of the south cove one of these days! Surprised

Last edited by PECo on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right Phil !

Finally a cooler day and the fish co-operated ! Thumbs Up
Nice looking Bass !

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish and report!
slim2043

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're Kiling it Phil!

I'm going to paddle there after work within the next few days. Tomorrow if the weather holds but mist likely Wednesday... Anyone want to come?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there if I can. I have to drop my nephews off at the airport sometime on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful largemouth!
wfparys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: TOWNS ? Reply with quote

When you post, could you please say spring pond in ________ and tell us newbies what town the pond is located in
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site, wfprys! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: