CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Nod Brook WMA 08/03
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Nod Brook WMA 08/03 Reply with quote

I had a couple of hours to kill so I shore fished the ponds at Nod Brook WMA from 8:15 am to 9:45 am. I had El Habañero with me and thought about paddling for a while, but there was a golden retriever hunting dog club training their dogs in the upper (i.e., south) pond and I didn't want to get in their way. I spent 20 minutes throwing a frog in the upper pond from the culvert before walking down the road between the ponds. I made several casts at the first island before heading over to the lower (i.e., north) pond. I worked my way up the east shore of the lower pond, but didn't get any hits at all. I also threw the frog over the weeds in the dead-end canal to the east of the lower pond. I got the only hit of the day when I threw the frog into the shade of an overhanging bank on the east side of the canal. I set the hook and landed a small largemouth bass:

I was throwing a bull frog colored Sizmic Toad on a Gamakatsu 4/0 Offset Shank Worm EWG hook. The Sizmic Toads are light and soft, and come six to a package, so I figured that they might be a good deal. However, their paddle feet don't paddle! They had no action to them whatsoever. Confused Oh, well, live and learn. I'll probably go fishing somewhere else this afternoon. Hopefully, I can find some Zoom Horny Toads to take along with me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabelas has horny toads. Unfortunately, dicks doesn't......someone cleaned them out completely...
Fishface

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice just to get Phil.

Tim
slim2043

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at Cabela's yesterday... No Zoom Horny Toad's in Bullfrog ... only pearl, black, or green pumpkin. The do have a ton of those sizmics and some strike kings too...

The world is watching ctfishtalk... All the baits we use are SOLD OUT Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: