CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 8-4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slim2043

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Spring Pond 8-4 Reply with quote

I have been dying to get out to Spring Pond since PECo posted about it earlier this summer, well today I finally did. I got out there with my sister at about 6:30 PM today. Saw the sign that they close at sunset so we had to get out there and get these lines wet....

We had heard somewhere that Zoom Horny Toads were the bait of choice for the big girls in this pond so that is what we tied on. I also had a 2nd line with a buzzbait. Fished all the way to the back corner of the pond and all was quiet until we got there. My sister was getting hit after hit on her Green Pumpkin frog. I wasn't, so I tied on a green pumpkin power worm tx rigged. I started to get some hits but kept missing. I heard my sister yell from about 30 yards away that she had a big one on... HER FIRST BASS!!!! (Besides Ice Fishing) Boy was it a Lunker! Nailed the Zoom Horny Toad, PECo!!! Thanks!

This Bass was slightly over 3 on the scale and 17"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your sister, Tim! I hope that you left some fish for me in there. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the one I caught there on Wednesday along with 3 other "cookie cutter" type 1-2 # fish.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like one of the ones i got when me and phil went there..... All released except the crappies....
slim2043

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, I left the pond as I found it so there should be plenty left there for ya... My sister wanted to keep that fish but I made her put it back because

1. It has good genes
2. I know she wasn't going to cut it up...

The water level seemed like it was up a foot or so and very stained from the rain which made the weedbeds tougher to locate but when we found them we found the bass.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: