CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake Basile 8/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Lake Basile 8/5 Reply with quote

I hit Lake Basile yesterday for a couple of hours in the morning. The weeds have grown up around and in the pond. The only place to access the water in a yak is near the bridge. I started out throwing a soft plastic frog and got a few hits but nothing big. I only got one good hit on the frog all morning and the fish didn't grab the hook so when I set it the legs got ripped off the frog. I caught 10 lmb and all came on a wacky senko thrown at any holes in the weeds I could find. The largest was a 17" 2lb 2oz (shown below) and the rest all ranged from 8" to 14". Most being in the 13" to 14" range. I also had a fish hit at and miss the frog and I followed it up right away with a senko and that's when I landed the lunker. It seems like the small ones we were catching in the spring have put on a bit more size. It was a fun morning...much better than working!!

Here's a good pic of the weed cover at the pond and a 14" keeper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: