CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Highland Lake 8-12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Highland Lake 8-12 Reply with quote

Started off the day driving up to highland lake. Its about an hour drive from where I live because theres no direct route. Once I got 5 minutes away I realized I forgot my tackle box! Stopped at a local bait shop and picked up a few things so I could fish. Got there around 12:30, water was warm....tons of people there. I thought since it was during the week there might be a chance of less boaters but I was wrong. Non stop jet skis and tubers. Warm water in the 80"s. Started off in the third bay and worked my way all the way around and back. Had some hits but unfortunately I was skunked today. The good news is my girlfriend caught a 10" LMB.

I also went to Crystal Lake yesterday, and got skunked as well. Having a really bad run lately. Hopefully I can get some luck. I tried everything I could today and yesterday. I found some good spots I wanted to go to but unfortunately a lot don't allow motors or motors my size. I need to pick up a Kayak!

-Steve
watthe555

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you caught something. i went night fishing there last week and didnt catch a thing. im gonna hit its neighbor winchester lake, gonna hopefully catch some big bass or pike.
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, if your thinking about a kayak,,, FISH ON ONE FIRST<<< THEY SUCK!!!
watthe555

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you wanna go on a lake that doesnt allow you to use combustion motors just buy another battery and an electric motor. youll be set. thats what iusually do when i hit batterson.
SAP284

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. I have a trolling motor and two batteries already. I'll just take the prop off and drop my boat in.

Flippy - I might just have to try it first lol. My buddy has one..hopefully I won't get closterfobic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: