CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Cape Cod Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven1smith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Cape Cod Pond Reply with quote

Hit a random pond on the cape last week while on vacation. According to the locals, it's filled with runt bass and pickerel. It didn't give me confidence, but we decided to head out anyways.

Early on we were hitting tons of 11-13" fish on small jigs and wacky worms. I wanted to see if there were any big fish in there, so I decided to switch to the big jig, blk/blu. About ten minutes later, I got a 3.5lbr in some pads. So there are decent fish in there.

And some pigs. Very Happy

Big fish was 4+lbs. I had 5 fish on the big jig in thick pads, all bigger than 2lbs. I wouldn't have landed any of them without 30lb braid. The catching of decent fish stopped when a slimedart stole my only big jig while I was reeling it back to the boat. Rolling Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ

Last edited by steven1smith on Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many people concentrating on the salt up there keeps those lakes hot. Nice job going against the grain and landing some nice healthy bass.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job pullin' in some hawgs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: