CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson Park Pond 08/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Batterson Park Pond 08/19 Reply with quote

Fishface (aka Tim) and I decided to try for some walleye at Batterson Park Pond this evening. Tim beat me onto the water, but I was out there from 4:40 pm to 9:40 pm. It was overcast with a slight south breeze that diminished throughout the evening. Tim started throwing a soft plastic frog and a wacky rigged Senko. He pulled a two-plus pound largemouth bass out from underneath a tree on the west shore near the boat launch ramp with the wacky Senko, but pulled the hook out of its mouth when it jumped. Further up the west shore, I threw a black/blue flake five inch wacky rigged Senko at one of those yellow shrubby trees that hangs over and into the water. After three casts to the edge of the tree, I skipped the Senko underneath it and saw a small splash as the fish sucked it in. I figured that it was just a small largemouth. When I tugged on the line, it headed for deeper water and began pulling. . . hard! I knew that it was a decent largemouth and was relieved when I finally lipped it:

I put it on my Hawg Trough measuring device and it was 18 inches long

It was a real chunk, so I figured that it weighed three pounds, four ounces. My Berkley digital scale said that it weighed three pounds, five ounces. I told Tim that if I didn't catch anything else, I'd still be satisfied with my catch for the day. Unfortunately, I had to put that to the test, because after the first hour of fishing, neither Tim nor I got so much as a nibble. We threw soft plastic frogs, wacky rigged Senkos, a buzzbait, a spinnerbait, and several different kinds of Rapalas (i.e., SSR5, F09, F07, J11), and got nothing. Where the schools of surface feeding white perch went, we have no idea. At 9:30 pm, we decided to call it a night and headed back to the ramp over the glassy water. Sometimes, Batterson can be tough.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fat bass!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: