CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Ball Pond 8/13/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damage inc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Ball Pond 8/13/11 Reply with quote

Had a great day fishing for trout on Ball Pond! 5 Rainbows, from 10"-15". I practiced catch and release with plenty of care. I was using Sawbellies on a "6 Owner Mosquito hook, hooked through the nostril. Trout are a lot harder to revive than Bass! But after a few minutes each they swam straight down towards the cold water. Best Trout day I've ever had.

I also caught 3 largemouth, what's fishing at BP without catching at least one Bass?!? All around 1.5-2 lbs

I have to admit. Since I'm getting the hang of Trout fishing that it is MUCH more enjoyable than Bass fishing (to me). There is WAY more skill to it and trout are deceptive where a Bass bites anything. As my friend says, "Bass take the little bus to school"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catches. I know what you mean about trout...they are pretty smart but they are babies outside the water lol. I used to fish for trout a lot and recently I just switched to bass. Trout are definitely a much tastier fish!
hila2006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing for trout is like shooting fish in a barrel LOL, never been skunked trout fishing in my 47 years of life, now bass fishing in a tourny, that's a whole different story. But as with all fishing, right place, right bait, right time is all that matters.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooting fish in a barrel is hard if they are alive and swimming...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree wit trout fishing especially this time of year. I went trout fishing today and only caught bass! IMO Trout are much more finicky especially when it gets warm.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
damage inc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Ball Pond on saturday morning. Caught 4 more Brownies! 13"-15". Now it's getting fun out there!

Perfect Hook when you comin out to Ball Pond?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alive and swimming, classic. All I'm saying is there's a few nice river systems here and never a problem catching a few rainbows for me anyhow. Also, the bass your catching trout fishing are probably small schoolies, pretty much like shooting fish in a barrel also LOL. Good luck all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: