CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Lake X 08/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Lake X 08/20 Reply with quote

I apologize for the "Lake X" report, but I don't want to get anyone into trouble or spoil anything for them. Read on and you'll understand what I mean. If you have to know the name of the lake, send me a PM. Maybe I'll tell you. Wink

I found myself just sitting on my butt this afternoon, so I loaded El Habañero and my newly MacGyvered kayak cart into my little Saab, and headed over to Lake X. It was a difficult 30 minute hike to the lake. I had to carry the cart and kayak down some rough stone stairs, over boulders, over logs and over a narrow footbridge before I got to a rough but level trail. Then I had to lift everything over a five foot high chain link fence as I squeezed around it and push everything up a steep hill to the lake. When I arrived at the lake, I met a few nudists who were sunning themselves on the shore. Shocked Have you ever noticed how friendly naked people are? Just so you know, they were all men and were probably grandparents. Confused I think that I just missed the hot chicks. I had passed a couple of women on the trail who had obviously been swimming in the lake. Okay, they were probably grandparents, too. Rolling Eyes Anyway, it took only a couple of paddles on the glassy water to make the effort of all of the hiking and schlepping totally worth it. While the east shore of the lake was in full sun, most of the lake was in cool shade. There wasn't any wind and, unlike everywhere else that I've fished lately, the water was clear down to three or four feet. I worked my way clockwise around the lake and began throwing a wacky rigged five inch Senko at the shore. I immediately got hits from sunnies and small largemouth bass. I was on the water from 4:20 pm to 6:20 pm and boated 25 bass. Here are photos of all of them, except the 14 incher that managed to jump free when I tried to photograph it on my Hawg Trough:

These fish were the least pressured that I've ever seen. At one point, I had a couple of dozen sunnies and small bass schooling under my kayak. I threw the wacky Senko at a 12 inch bass that was swimming next to me just a few feet away and it took the bait like it was trained to do so. They're very well fed. One of them spit up half of a minnow when I boated it and another had the tail of a whole minnow sticking out of its gut:

I probably could have boated twice as many bass, but I explored the entire shoreline and I also ran out of Senkos. The biggest was only 15 inches long and weighed only 1-1/2 pounds, but I didn't try for bigger. I figure that the bigger bass were probably deeper than I fished. The next time that I go there, I'll drag creature baits or jigs over the bottom, or throw a drop shot in the deeper water.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil!

Nice report ! -> Nice string of catches !

So when are you going to join the crowed and fish naked Question Laughing

SeaDog1 Mr. Green Laughing

P.S. -> Not interested in knowing where Lake X is. Shocked
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen

I figured that Kira would be the only one interested in the possibility of tan line free fishing, but there's no way she'd ever be able to get Dinghbat in there.

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

Oh My! -> Kira's come back on this should be a riot Exclamation

Laughing

But as she says, and I agree! -> "Dingbat" is stable and comfortable! Very Happy
The hull though needs a good scrubing and wax job ! Shocked

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Stephen

I figured that Kira would be the only one interested in the possibility of tan line free fishing, but there's no way she'd ever be able to get Dinghbat in there.

Phil

There has to be more than a few places one can fish nude during daylight hours without getting arrested, photographed or hassled, but I probably can't get my boat into any of them. Thank you for respecting the privacy of the nudists Phil. I may just go to Solair and borrow their stealthy little viking boat. Those bass have probably never even seen a wacky senko. Very Happy

http://www.solairrl.com/index.php/tour/80-lake-area

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!! Glad you didn't put up any pics of the "scenery"
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made sure that the nude beach wasn't behind me when I took all of my photos, Derek. And I definitely don't want to see the "wacky Senkos" on which the bass have been feeding at that nudist resort, Kira! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: