CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: shad , alewive fry?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicklovesPK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: shad , alewive fry? Reply with quote

anyone think dirty hi water in ct river will cause any kill off?
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: shad , alewive fry? Reply with quote

No not unless they get hurt from debris in the water that hits them... they will retreat to calmer waters tributaries off the river and coves. Alot of them will hide in deaper waters where it is slower moving. when i was upstate NY the river got over 30,00 cfs during the 9" of rain we got in oct. the fish were in the woods and in parking lots tryin to get out of the current out of debris way flyin down the river. They will be extremly close to shore...and if they are in the shallows close to the top of the water...
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upstate ny LAST year? I was there! first upstate trip and thats what i got. asked around and everyone told us stories of the day before of fish in the lots and everything, so we just missed seein all that. still wild though. one guy died up there!

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: