CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Are there fresh water fish in the lower housatonic?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctbrian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Are there fresh water fish in the lower housatonic? Reply with quote

I am talking about below the Dam in Derby around RT 8 bridge. I know mainly people are fishing for salt water fish like striped bass and bluefish. However, I like to use my fresh water lures from shore. Can you catch lake bass, perch and sunnies there? Will a Rapala Original Floating Lure catch anything there? Thanks for your help. New to fishing so still trying to learn.
SkeetSkeet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Are there fresh water fish in the lower housatonic? Reply with quote

ctbrian wrote:
I am talking about below the Dam in Derby around RT 8 bridge. I know mainly people are fishing for salt water fish like striped bass and bluefish. However, I like to use my fresh water lures from shore. Can you catch lake bass, perch and sunnies there? Will a Rapala Original Floating Lure catch anything there? Thanks for your help. New to fishing so still trying to learn.

There are Lrge Mouth, SmallMouth < more in the naugatuck, sunnies, perch pike...freshwater species all the way down to at least the island. I havnt found any huge numbers but i commonly caught largemouth all around fire island when i was a kid. there is a lot of smallies in the naugatuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: