CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Enders, McDonough and Burr 9/10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Enders, McDonough and Burr 9/10 Reply with quote

I was heading to Southbury today with the kids so decided to make a few stops on the way down and check out a few places I haven't fished before. Fished from shore with only my senko rod. The kids decided they would rather skip rocks than fish.

My first stop was at Enders Pond in Granby. Unfortunately from the recent rains it looks like the dam has been washed out and the Pond looks like a stream now. I got out took a quick look and tossed a few casts into the pond/stream then took off.

My next stop on the way down was shore fishing at McDonough. I fished the South end near the dam where I didn't get a chance to go last time I fished McDonough. I saw tons of small fish but nothing big enough to even eat a senko. I fished the SE corner for a bit then moved over to the dam. Threw about 10 casts out from the dam and then MDC showed up and let us know we weren't supposed to be fishing from the dam. They were very nice about it. On my way out I noticed a "No Trespassing" sign that I had failed to see on my way in. Embarassed So onward I moved again.

My last stop was Burr Pond. I was expecting to see someone collecting at the gate so I didn't allow for much time there. My plan was to drive up to the gate let the attendant know I was just doing a stop & go to check it out. I also wanted to ask about canoe rentals so I could see about taking the kids out another day. When I arrived no one was at the gate. So I parked and headed to the pond. On about my 4th or 5th cast I had a good tug on the senko but when I pulled back the fish dropped the worm. I made a second cast and the fish took it again. Reeled in a nice 14" LMB from a bed of submerged weeds. It was nice to get something. I took a few more casts but had to leave. I will head back to Burr. Seems like a nice place. The camera was in the car and a 14" wasn't reason enough to go get it so no pics today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: