CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass spots around Bloomfield/windsor Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some open water as the "green stuff" has shifted South in the rains but a good part of the water still has duckweed (<---I think that's what it's called) on it. This particular fish came off the edge of a weed bed I could see in the open water.
IceAddict

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't keep up with the thread. Bloomfield reservoir is accessed on I believe Rte 189 ( Tunxis ave). theres a large wooden sign , so you can't miss it. To left is the dam (deeper water) , to the right is shallower with some lilly pads. If you ever golfed at Wintonbury Country Club, one the holes runs adjacent to it, on the opposite side you would be fishing from, assuming your going from shore. Unpowered boats, canoes, kayaks etc are allowed according to the town, but amazingly I never have seen anyone.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, I had to drive to Bloomfield to pick up my son from a friend's house today and stopped at Bloomfield Reservoir. I didn't remember this post, but saw the sign for the recreation area as I drove past it, so I just had to stop and check it out. There aren't any "No Fishing" or "No Boating" signs posted, at least that I saw. The reservoir is surrounded by a wall of tall reeds. I saw only two places from which you could easily fish from the shore. There was a shore fisherman who landed four bluegills with a worm under a bobber during the 20 minutes that I was there. He said that goes there often and had seen a boat on the water only once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: