CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: LURKERZ Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slim2043

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: LURKERZ Reply with quote

I was at Dicks today after a long day of work grabbing a couple things when a guy popped in the aisle and grabbed a pack of senkos. He looked over at me and said "you goin for bass?" I says yup. He asks "ever try these?" I look at him and say yeah... Too easy though he then says "wait a minute... You on ctfishtalk.com?" I laughed and said yes ... He says he should join and our site is awesome .... Loosely Translated senkos helped me catch fish Lol I kid ... Btw he said 5lb bass was caught at crescent lake today... I'm a load my yak sometime this week and catch it again Wink. There are a lot of lurkers on here...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi slim!

Yeah! We get a fair number of lurkers here on the forum!
They just can't admit to themselves the indisputable fact that there really aren't any-more secret fishing holes in public waters!
Just want to get info on where to fish and think they're being sneaky and slick by not joining and participating as a member and sportman.

What with continued innovations in fishing tackle, electronics, river - lake & pond charts + a larger human population taking up fishing, there are no public waters that haven't been scoured over and over for fish Exclamation
Bottom line -> What's there to hide Question
It ALL now comes down to the knowledge and ability + a little luck for a fisherman to catch a fish!

Only waters not heavily fished, are those that are private or town owned. (for residents only!)

If you happen to live near or be invited to fish such waters -> Then count yourself fortunate Exclamation

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know what they say,,, The Senko makes a fisherman out of anybody,, throw it out and wait,, its a great bait, but most of the time it catches all sizes of fish,, I dont care for fish under 3lbs,, Wink granted it will catch good fish,, but for the most part the little fish will beat the bigger fish to it,,I will throw it when sight fishing,, when I target a fish,Its the fall and when it sits and does nothing, that makes it so interesting,And Seadog,, I kind of dissagree with you, on a little luck,, granted you make adjustments throughout the year as the fish move,, which alot of people dont realize, thats why they cant catch fish,, but if you can find the fish, you have to make them bite, whether its a reaction, or guarding and of course feeding, the feeding time is the easiest time to catch them, Its funny, I have people asking me when, why, how, do you know when to throw what,,I was there once to, its just hanging and fishing around guys that can really fish for years,,you learn alot especially when fishing for cash Wink But all in all I think luck has alot to do with it, Even when you can go out and find them,, you must throw something they will react to,and for the people that lurk, hey thats cool they just dont want to get involved and they see how and where fish are being caught theres nothing wrong with that,, ,, Set Hard,,, Jim
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="flippy"]

And Seadog,, I kind of dissagree with you, on a little luck,, granted you make adjustments throughout the year as the fish move,,

But all in all I think luck has alot to do with it, Even when you can go out and find them,, you must throw something they will react to,

Hi flippy!

Huh ? What you talking about Willis Question
Make up my mind! Laughing

Your left hand says -> disagree with you, on a little luck
And your right hand says -> luck has a lot to do with it

You and I both agree though that knowledge and putting the time in to hone your abilities is what helps to catch fish.
Yet you have to admit -> Luck does come into play -> We've both had fish react to a lure - follow it - yet never bite -> At the moment when you think it will strike it'll turn away! Evil or Very Mad

That's fishing! Very Happy

Don't strike till you feel the bite ! Wink

Best regards,
SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Tim! I meet CTFishTalk lurkers all of the time. I usually encourage them to participate, but understand that not everyone is comfortable with doing that. I especially love the guys who say, "I read your reports all of the time!" They must be getting information that helps their fishing, huh? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny...I run into a lot of people out on the water that say, "Hey...those are the guys from CTFishTalk". Especially when I fish with Phil Wink and those are just the ones that have the guts to say hi...never mind the ones that don't have the guts.

I for one think it's great. It brings more attention to our sport and at least the messages we put out there as far as being a good sportsman and respecting our resources are being read as well. I talk to a lot of people who say they don't fish because "fishing is boring". I tell them that's only because the don't know how to catch fish. Fishing is only boring when you're not catching. Which of course does happen to the best of us once in a while. When it happens all the time it's boring and hopefully we can help others learn to love fishing like we do. Now if the rain would stop we could do some fishing Very Happy
slim2043

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think that its a shame there are people out there benefiting from information we are freely sharing without giving any feedback.... It seems for such a small state we live in, we have a lot of anglers and a lot of people hitting the rivers streams lakes ponds surf and wild blue yonder and coming together in a community like this makes us all stronger, more informed, and we're building relationships etc. etc. what i'm trying to say is......

Fishing is awesome.

There's no one fisherman who knows everything.

When we share our wins, losses, hints, tips, tricks, techniques, experiences, time, money, funny hats, wacky rigs, crazy baits, tight lines, sharp hooks etc. things can only get better for all of us.

In this particular instance... I live 5 minutes from Crescent lake and I used to go there all the time when it first opened and catch lunkers before i even bass fished... All I have heard recently is that it was a dump and I haven't even chekced it out much and I hear from a guy at Dicks who takes our info that this place is jumping off again and how else would i know Wink

ATTENTION ALL CTFISHTALK.COM LURKERS

Why are you lurking????

C'mon in and join the discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've run into some lurkerz. Ya know the guys who just kinda stare at you but dont say anything Laughing Laughing Laughing

On a serious note, I dont post too many ultra detailed reports on this site because I know so many people are lurking. I like to share more detailed info when I know exactly who is reading, not when I know 10 of the 30 people reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
hoppy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to post all the details. bottom line is you can go to just about any bass lake in CT and catch fish on a variety of lures. Put your time in and do what works for YOU! My boat is filled with soft plastics and nothing else. I can honestly say i have box's and box's of plastics and you will not find a senko in my boat. If you do it wasnt mine. They catch fish and nobody can deny that however the craze seems to be over and it seems to be the bait of choice for the guys just getting started. Its an easy bait to use for those getting started.
As for the lurkers........until this site also becomes "pay to play" the lurkers are free to come and go and read what they would like. What you do or do not want to include in your posts is your option. I try to keep mine helpfull but not to the point i see my favorite baits wiped out at the stores because i spilled the beans.
"I caught fish on soft plastics"..........thats all you have to say.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I run my own Wine and beer making forum with over 7,000 members I see lots of lurkers on at any time and lots of them are registered users that dont post. Some of them have actually been this way for a few years and eventually they jump on with a question or such. Now I do wish they all came forward as more posts makes the website more active which in my case increases the chance of paid sponsors it also will raise eyebrows of spammers so it is a dble edged sword. With the wine and beer making I am as informative as possible and hope people try out my or some of my members recipes but on here Im a little more weary of giving out too much info now as i can see how places that used to be quiet are getting pretty crowded.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
slim2043

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your site? I would like to make some beer Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/
Im Wade E

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my reports I make I won't put in the lake that I actually caught the fish from. Instead I'll put in lakes that are extremely tough to catch fish from. That's why I love Winchester or West Hill (West Hill has huge bass in it every other cast you get a 2 or 3 pounder)! Laughing That's how you take care of all the lurkers! Although all my fish I catch are from public waters. I don't beleive in making a report and bragging about a 5 pounder that you caught from some private pond that's just pathetic! It's much more rewarding when you pull out a monster from public water that has 20 boats on it a day that try to catch it! Even better is when you have a public water dialed in and can routinely catch 4 pounders every trip out that's almost like having your own private lake. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Pete, that's why I don't mind telling everyone where I fish. While fishing a totally unpressured body of water that's full of stupid hungry fish is A LOT of fun, I enjoy the challenge of catching fish where everyone else is fishing, too. When Fishface (aka Tim) and I got onto and off of Mansfield Hollow Lake today, a few boaters told us that they had a tough day of fishing. But Tim and I ended up boating 25 fish. Sure, a couple were yellow perch and five were short largemouth bass, and yeah, we had a dry spell that lasted 2-1/4 hours, but we found one spot that held fish at the beginning of our day and another at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was standing in line at cabela's the other night and I recognized steven1smith standing in front of me. I made it a point to say hello and introduce myself..

He didn't know who I was.. LOL.. I felt like a lurker.. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: