CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam lake 9/18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Bantam lake 9/18 Reply with quote

went to bantam today because of the good weather. woke up around 4:20 and got my boat ready and got there at 5:30. Oh man was it cold. got on the water at around 5:40 and hit the southwest part of the south bay. wind was strong and it was hard to cast while using the electric motor so my dad had it easy. in the first 20 mins he got a 16 inch lgm around 2 pounds on a swimming senko.

i was so cold i sat back and tried to hide myself for like 10 minutes while my dad was fishing. nothing was biting so headed to the north bay and i was surprised to see everybody was fishing near the mouth of Bantam River.and then people started water skiing so i got out of that place. we went near the campground and then headed the the west shore in the middle bay. as i was reeling in my spinnerbait i saw a pike quickly look at it and turn away, looked like it was 30 inches. the wind was still blowing hard and i decided to hit the ramp to go the the bathroom and get something to eat. my dad and i fished near the ramp for a little and i wanted to go to the southwest edge again so we did. near the weeds i had the same thing happen the last time and the pike swam away and was close to the same size as the other one. i was tired so i felt like going home but was praying to catch one pike this year. my last throw i was reeling in my spinnerbait and right next the the boat the pike came out from the bottom and took it. got it in the boat and was only 25 inches so we put it back, wanted a bigger one but i was happy.

got off the water at around 11:15 and headed home. click on the images to make them bigger if you would like to see them bigger.
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you got the images now lol. Nice catches!

-Steve
watthe555

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i got the pictures, your right it is a lot easier than it was before. it was really windy so i had a hard time maneuvering to the right spot. but the pike made my day so it was good.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be the way with pike up there this week...........1 out of 3! Still, it's a pike in the boat. Nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: