CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: How the heck can you guys post pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: How the heck can you guys post pictures Reply with quote

I went threw my somewhat collection of pictures and was going to post all my fish this year that were over 4lbs,, and those are the ones I got pictures of never mind all the ones I didnt take a picture of,,, I picked out around 25 pictures and went to post them,,, How the heck do you do it,,, holy crap,, do all that,, I thought I would make a few pages of NICE bass,, and bass only,, heck NO,, what a waste of time,, it would have taken me an hour or maybe more,,heck I could have cut the lawn quicker,, maybe you computer gurus can do it faster but damn,,
therieldeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, if you join a site like photobucket you can upload all of your pictures at once. Then you just have to copy and paste the links for each one into your forum post.

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Posting photos - AGAIN! Reply with quote

Hey, Jim! You need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site and then paste links to the photos in your post. I use imageshack.us. If you're going to upload a bunch of photos, put them all together in the same folder on your computer. Make sure that they're correctly oriented (i.e., up is up).

Go to: http://imageshack.us/ On the imageshack.us web page in your browser, hit the [Browse] button and select the folder in your computer where the photo files are. Click on the first file, hold the <shift> key down on your keyboard and select the rest of the files. When they're all highlighted, hit the [Open] button, and the files will be selected and show up on the imageshack.us page in your browser. You can do up to 100 files at a time. Once they're selected, change the "Image resize:" setting from "800 x 600 (15-inch monitor)" to "640 x 480 (for message boards)" and change the "Label thumb:" setting from "Yes" to "No". Then, hit the [UPLOAD NOW] button.

When the files finish uploading, a new page will appear. On the lower right hand side of the page, a list of "Direct Links" will appear. Select the list and copy it by hitting the <ctrl> and <C> keys at the same time. Then, paste it into your report on CTFishTalk.com by selecting the place in the "Message body" window where you want them to go and hitting the <ctrl> and <V> keys at the same time. To get the photos to appear automatically in your post instead of the links, you have to select each link and hit the [img] button. Then, when you preview or post your report, the photos will automatically appear.

If this is too confusing for you, I could always post screen shots. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by PECo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Photobucket is my choice and its great to do this if all your pics are on one drive. With Photobucket or other places similar all you need internet access to save all your pics there as a backup. Ive lost pics over the years from not backing it up somewhere like this or on a DVD.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest as the above said upload the pictures on to a hosting site.

Make a new thread and post 5 pictures in each post in that same thread.

You can dooooet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy! Take me on your boat again and I'll help you post your pictures and my new one Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: